A home network is a group of devices such as phones, tablets, computers, smart home technology, and gaming systems that connect to the internet and each other. By interconnecting, the devices can communicate with each other while in the vicinity of the home.
A home network can connect devices in two ways: wired and wirelessly. A wired network requires devices to be interconnected with cables, while a wireless network enables devices to communicate without wires. For many families, adopting new technology has made a home network just as valuable as other home utilities like gas and television.
- A home network enables you to connect to the internet from multiple devices and share music, images, and files on devices connected to the network.
- It makes it possible to stream movies, music, and other entertainment across multiple devices.
- Streaming devices, gaming systems, and intelligent televisions have made it possible to soak in a wide range of content.
- It enables you to share equipment, such as printers and scanners. For example, multiple computers can print to a single printer when connected to a home network.
- It creates a simplified way to manage smart home devices, such as thermostats, cameras, and security devices.
- It empowers you to enhance your smart home devices by seamlessly connecting them to an automated home.
Your entertainment enjoyment, for example, is tied to a home network. No one wants to experience a spinning wheel or shuttering display while trying to watch a favorite show or movie — which is why a robust and healthy network is essential.
How do you ensure your home network is healthy?
- Protect your home network with necessary security features, such as a firewall and network password.
- Manage cables and wires to help to maintain cables’ basic functionality and protect devices from a clogged airflow.
- Keep a close eye on your network speed to determine any issues with your bandwidth.
- Take care of your networking equipment by keeping it away from light, heat, moisture, and dust.
Unfortunately, when not safeguarded, a home network can be a playground for malicious activities caused by people with ill intent. As we rely more on a home network, it’s crucial to invest in the upfront design and technology to ensure you’re receiving the fastest speeds and the highest levels of security.
Whether you’re looking to get started with a robust network or you need to update your current network to keep it running smoothly, at Paradyme, we provide many options for robust, high-quality network technology. Contact us at (888) 481-3900 to learn more about our products and services.